A Gem in Charlotte's NoDa Art District

On a brief visit with some friends I was introduced to the Charlotte North Davison Art District, (or NoDa) as it is more commonly known. While there we stopped by Amelie's French Bakery & Cafe, a bakery offering French style pastry and a plentitude of baked goods (in the sumptious pictures above)! It was pastry heaven! My mouth is still watering at the site of their flaky croissants, but I had to save something to try next time!

What I did receive courtesy of one of my friends, was the caramel covered chocolate fudge "brownie". I call it a brownie, but it was more like creamy, chocolate, whipped light as a feather, confection.
Merveilleux!

Not to be missed is the art itself, naturally, the paintings, chandeliers, and yes - even the furniture all bore the trademarks that art enthusiasts truly appreciate. This of course was testified to by our difficulty in finding a seat at first. But not to worry! There was space everywhere! One of the main problems in most eateries is logistics. Not an issue here! Wi-Fi and cozy corners in every nook & cranny! Merci Amelie's!!!
Deelish!

Comments

Popular Posts