Local foods at local grocers- Kings Red and White Super Market and Butchers

Hey Folks!

Hadassah here...Back after a respite!
Many of you know that I'm also the Durham Farmer's Market Examiner.
While shopping at local grocers, I often encounter Durham Farmer's Market products and local
products on display shelves...

When riding on some errands, I decided to stop in Kings Market for some meats.
Hoping to have my relatives over soon! Of course we love to eat!

Well, there I discovered a number of great products on their shelves!
Counter Culture may not be local, but they are fair trade and pretty awesome.
This specialty coffee company was one I personally helped serve at the Durham Central Market
Annual Meeting in October and I would recommend it to anyone. They have some fantastic brews!
One of them is Magnolia Grill's own blend. I picked up one of the Baroida blends at a great price.

If you like Ninth Street Bakery breads, but can't get there during business hours, this is the place to go!
Picked up a cinnamon and raisin loaf- gotta love this toasted with soft cheeses from Chapel Hill Creamery or Celebrity Dairy... Speaking of whom... Got a great 'apricot serendepity' from Celebrity Dairy last weekend! It is a spreadable sweet goat cheese and went beautifully with pepper jelly from Bonlee Grown Farm. Neither of these was expensive at all. Celebrity Dairy is doing a barn showing this weekend! Look them up on the Durham Farmer's Market webpage to get details... http://wwwdurhamfamersmarket.com/
or go straight to them... http://www.celebritydairy.com/ . They'll have another event in March!

Also if you're looking to make some ribs, Kings Red and White has "Jims Own" Barbecue sauce made right here in Durham NC!

But what just kills you is the meats! I got Pork Baby Back Ribs $4.99/1b and Beef Ribs $2.89/lb.
Beautiful Old-Fashioned Cheddar Hoop Cheeses in all sizes and prices...
My personal tour guide was so sweet he hugged my neck twice... I'll have to go back next week!!!
Happy Local Shopping---- I may do an at length article on this one soon!

Comments

Popular Posts